GET ON-LINE FREE FOR 1WK OF FASTING & PRAYER FROM SUN 5TH – 12TH JANUARY – SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GETTING ON-LINE FREE EVERY EVENING FOR 30 MINUTES – 8PM – 8.30PM ON THE PRAYER-LINE Dial-in 03309981257 Access code: 972410#
JANUARY 2020 FASTING AND PRAYER
SUN 5TH – 12TH JANUARY
WHY WE FAST
Fasting is sacrificing something in order to focus our attention and increase our appetite for God.
Fasting isn’t about what you lose but rather what you gain. It is a position of your heart being open and ready to receive what God has for you. It isn’t about the denial of food, drink or other entertainments but about changing the way you see and believing that God is enough for you. When you have the urge to eat, drink, or use social media, you can turn instead to the Word. Go to God in prayer and by reading His word to find what you’re looking for. Abstaining from food, drink, media or however you choose to fast isn’t easy, but you will be strengthened in your spirit to seek Him first, grow in wisdom and faith for the upcoming year.
SOME WAYS TO FAST
LIQUID FAST - refrain from all solid foods
DANIEL FAST – consume fruits and vegetables only
MEDIA FAST – give up all media, i.e. social media, television, movies, etc.
BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER FAST — Choose whichever one you desire to fast
PERSONAL DAILY PRAYER:
- Worship: Begin by expressing your love to God (Matthew 6:9)
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.”
- Purpose: Commit yourself to God’s purpose and will for your life (Matthew 6:10)
“Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Provision: Ask God to provide for our needs. (Matthew 6:11)
“Give us today our daily bread.”
- Pardon: Ask God to forgive your sins (Matthew 6:12)
“And forgive us our sins…”
- People: Pray for other people (Matthew 6:12)
“…as we have forgiven those who sin against us.”
- Protection: Ask for spiritual protection (Matthew 6:13)
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
COLLECTIVE DAILY PRAYER FOCUS:
Sun 5th: Our Local Church & ourselves
- Church Growth in Power (2 Tim 1:7…God has not given us the spirit of fear…)
- We will walk in Praise ( Isaiah 61:3… a garment of Praise is readily available to us)
- Total surrender & absolute dependence on the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14…as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God…)
- Growth in Unity .. (Eph 4;1-6… through the bond of peace)
- God will give us an increase desire to seek Him in the place of prayer and give you a burden for prayer. (Psalm 27:4; Hebrews 11:6; Daniel 9:3; Mark 11:24).
- Pray that God will put hunger and passion in our heart to seek God. (Psalm 42:1; Psalm 27:8; Colossians 4:2).
- Pray that God will give you a burden to pray for the things on God’s hear. (Ezekiel 22:30; Matthew 6:33; II Chronicles 7:14; Jeremiah 29:7).
- Pray that we will see the power of God as we pray. Act.4:31-33
OTHER SCRIPTURES TO HELP US AS WE PRAY
- Acts 2:47– Numerical growth – ……And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved
- John 12:32- And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me
- Matthew 16:18- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it
- Romans 12:2- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God
- Galatians 5:16-26- [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh
- James 4:7, 1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, so that in due time He may exalt you. Pray for Spirit of humility
- Psalm 92:12-14, John 15:5-8, Psa.1:1-3 – To be growing in God and bear fruit
- 3:8, Phil.2:2, John 17:20-23
“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, arein Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Mon 6th: Our Nation
- 2 Chronicles 7:14- if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- 1 Timothy 2:1-2- I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
- Jeremiah 29:7- Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
- Proverbs 21:1- The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.
- Proverbs 11:14- For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.
- Psalms 22:27-28 “All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.”
- Psalm 102:15 “The nations will fear the name of the Lord, all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.”
Tues 7th: Our Community
- Pray for Spiritual Awakening in the Churches in your Community.
When you pray these Scriptures, insert the name of congregations and assemblies in your city, asking God to bring the fullness of Jesus’ life into the church. Remember the example of Epaphras, a servant of Christ who “wrestled in prayer” for the Christians that lived in three cities – Colosse, Laodicia, and Hierapolis (Col 4:12).
- Pray Against the Spiritual Strongholds of Darkness over your Community.
Command the “rulers, authorities, powers of this dark world, and the spiritual forces of evil” in the north, south, east, and west of your city to “give up” those people held in spiritual bondage (see Is 43:5,6). Praise the Lord that people will come to Jesus from the four sections of your city. (Lk 13:29)
- Pray for the Leadership and Authorities in your Community
– such as the Council, Police Chief, School Board, etc. – 1 Tim 2:1-4.
- Ask God to Bless your Community.
“Through the blessing of the upright a Community is exalted” – Proverbs 11:11
The greatest blessing God can send is Jesus Christ, who will turn people from their wickedness, and bring them salvation. – Acts 3:26.
- Pray for the Welfare of your Community.
“…seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” – Jeremiah 29:7
- Pray for the People of your Community to Turn to God.
- Pray for Peace within your City and for the Prosperity of the Community.
Wed 8th: More souls for the kingdom: Matthew 28:19-20
- 2 Peter 3:9 reminds us that God does not want any to perish.
- Pray for friends and family that are yet to be saved, may the eyes of their spirit be opened, their minds be enlighten that they will have a revelation of the WAY, TRUTH and LIFE. …2 Cor 4:3-4
- Pray for those who are ignorant, sceptical and confused about the process to inherit eternal life and what being a Christian is all about….may they encounter the miraculous Power of God, have divine visitations that will stir them up to ask “What must I do to be saved?….Specific groups of people like
… the prison guarded in Acts 16:26-30;
… the young rich ruler in Matt 19: 16- 22
…and Cornelius family in Acts 10
- Pray for those who are broken, rejected, dejected and burdened that they will find hope through an encounter with Jesus Christ and find the rest that comes from the Lord….Matt 11:28-30
Thurs 9th: Healing : Psa.107:20
Pray for miraculous healing for all the sick in our family and Church..Act10:38
- 103:2-3 -Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.
- Isaiah 53:4-5, – Surely He has borne our [g]griefs
And carried our [h]sorrows;
Yet we [i]esteemed Him stricken,
[j]Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He waswounded[k] for our transgressions,
He was [l]bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes[m] we are healed.
- Matthew 8:16-17- When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
- 1 Peter 2:24- 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose [g]stripes you were healed
- 23:25b-26And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
- James 5:14-15 – Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Fri 10th: Wisdom – Prov.9:10-11
Pray for wisdom for our leaders and church members…Eph.1:17-18
- Proverbs 1:7:- To have knowledge, you must first have reverence for the Lord.
- James 1:5: – But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all.
- 2:6: – It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding.
- 5:15-17: -So be careful how you live. Don’t live like ignorant people, but like wise people. Make good use of every opportunity you have, because these are evil days. Don’t be fools, then, but try to find out what the Lord wants you to do.
- James 3:13 – Are there any of you who are wise and understanding? You are to prove it by your good life, by your good deeds performed with humility and wisdom.
Sat 11th: God’s Presence – Exo.33:14-23
- Pray that God will help us to be more and more sensitive to His Spirit and presence. (Genesis 28:11-18)
- Pray that God will grant us the joy and peace that come from His presence. (Psalm 16:11)
- Pray that we will encounter His glorious presence during this period. (Exodus 33:18)
- O Lord, open the eyes of our Children and young people to see the glory of your presence. Isa.6:1-7.
- O Lord, restore us, O God, and cause Your face to shine upon us, that we may be saved. 80:3 & 7, Psa.119:135, 67:1
- That God’s presence will abide and keep us through this NEW YEAR. Psa.91.
- Pray that we will live in conscious that one day we will stand before God and give account. “while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, will be revealed”. Titus.2:13, 2Cor.5:10.
Sun 12th: Financial Provision: – Phil.4:19
- Philippians 4:19: And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Proverbs 10:22: The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8: And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8: But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.
- Luke 6:38: Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
- Proverbs 3:9-10: Honour the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.
- Malachi 3:8-10: “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!”
- Deuteronomy 16:17: All must give as they are able, according to the blessings given to them by the Lord your God.
- Luke 21:1-4: While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”
Address: Eden Christian Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford, IG1 1RN
Telephone: 020 84784765
How To Find Us
By Car: You can get to Ilford via the A406, A12, A13, M25 and M11.
By Bus: We are walking distance from Ilford town centre. We are situated between Ilford High Road and Green Lane. We are well served by buses Numbers 86, 123, 128, 150.
By Train: An overhead train runs directly from Liverpool Street to Ilford town centre.